Couples & Family Therapy
Repair or enhance your relationship
One of the biggest challenges we face in life is choosing our partners and creating/maintaining a healthy relationship. Divorce rates at 50% speak to how great a challenge this can be. New scientific studies are useful in helping us to understand the key ingredients to a good relationship.
As a result of this new scientific knowledge, we are able to teach our clients a set of skills that can dramatically improve the stability and happiness of their relationship.
Do not hesitate to ask for help as soon as you recognize a problem. Research shows that, on average, couples wait six years from the first signs of problems before they seek help. Yet, improved outcomes are found when couples ask for help sooner rather than later.
Couples Therapy focuses on a variety of areas:
- Learning to manage conflict better
- Building/reconnecting the friendship in your relationship
- Building/enhancing your common values, goals, philosophies, and beliefs that represent your family
- Family therapy
- Crisis intervention/therapy
Some of the usual problems we see in our practice are:
- Difficulties with conflict
- Feeling like the relationship is “dying”, and there is too much distance
- Parenting difficulties
- Divorce issues
- Helping you with a decision to marry or to end a relationship (separation/divorce counseling)
- Problems with communication
- General infertility and/or Donor conception
- Sexual difficulties (loss of sexual desire or sexual incompatibility issues)
- Issues regarding children, families of origin, or blended families