The focus for Individual Therapy can be on
- Symptomatic improvement
- Building Emotional Intelligence (resulting in higher self-confidence and self-awareness)
- Improving your work, personal, and family relationships
- We structure our therapy program to fit your particular personality and learning style. A number of theoretical approaches inform our work, including: cognitive-behavioural therapy, psycho-dynamic approaches, systemic approaches, positive psychology, and communications theory.
- We offer scientifically based interventions.
- We are results-oriented and directive, which means that you will get a lot of feedback along the way, giving you the ability to assess your progress. Therapy is a productive dialogue between the client and the therapist.
- Our approach is focused on helping you resolve symptoms, but also on teaching you strategies to help yourself and help you prevent and/or work through relapses efficiently.
- It is your decision whether or not you do brief solution-focused therapy or whether you engage in a more long-term in-depth treatment process.